Friday, July 8, 2011

wHite nOise- (depressed teen with internet access)

  





White noise, silence.
The drumming of fingers along plastic edges,
the public service announcements filled
with nervous breakdowns,
(public service causing families to be torn apart)
the shredded strings of her words,
as she chokes, as she tries
to say "no', to say "yes",
to live both in heaven and underground.


I wasn't making a point, 
I never said a word


White noise, too loud.
The silence filled with too many words,
craving too many answers to be fair.
The sharp tongues raising blunt minds,
The sensitive blood harboring
low frequency denials from
the high pitch screams of her mom.

I am not raising my voice, 
I never said a word

White noise, too low;
too low to reach  (reach, reach, reach)
too low to hold    (hold, hold, hold)
too low to hear    (her, her, her) 
unless we all fall.
White noise. nothing.


I am nothing, 
I never said a word 
I never saved the world

No comments:

Post a Comment